Monday, November 27, 2023

it done broke down - 12. the elevator


by nick nelson

part twelve of 13


for previous episode, click here

to begin at the beginning, click here



so where are you taking me now?

to see somebody who saw you and likes your style.

you mean somebody who saw me just now?

yes.

while i was telling you my story?

yes. does that surprise you?

i suppose it should not.

no.

they came to the end of the corridor without seeing anybody.

there was an elevator there and they got in it.

there was nobody else in the elevator.

robin hood pressed a button and the elevator descended rapidly.

are you going to kill me? rick asked.

no, what would i want to do that?

this person who likes my style, do they want to listen to my story?

i don’t know, ask them.

the elevator door opened.

they were in a garage with one car in it, and rick followed robin over to it.

do you want to hear the rest of my story later?

maybe. probably not. get in.

the streets were empty.

they drove and drove.

they left the city behind.

i never knew there was so much space, rick finally said.

there is, robin replied.

when are we going to stop?

when you tell me the truth?

the truth? about what?

about what happened when the mill broke down. about why the mill broke down.


next


No comments:

Post a Comment